Planning to add Mac Book Pro in my home computing world

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15" 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 8GB RAM
Dear All,

I am considering to add a notebook in my home computing space and considering to get Mac Book Pro 15" however, I have few questions as I never used Macs earlier. My questions will clear the understanding of Macs for you whcih I assume are very basic in nature but will appreciate your feedback.

1. I have loads of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, etc. (primarily Microsoft Office related files) on my network drive at home. I assume working on those using Mac and Windows based enviornments would not be a problem?

2. Though I read at various sites that installing windows on MacBook Pro is not advisable however, if I still want to get that installed - is the process is simple or complicated and how it affects the Mac Operating System?

3. Can you advise me some site or source which can explain me the basis of latest OS used in MacBook Pro?

4. As question 1, can the files of Quicken, Photoshop, etc can be exchanged/used/modified between two operating systems i.e. MacBook Pro's and Windows?

I will also appreciate if you kindly advise me the cheapest source of getting the MacBook Pro as I travel alot and can get it either from USA, Singapore, Middle East (Dubai), etc.

I will looking forward to hear from you all on the above-mentioned basic questions.

Regards,

Reaction score
1. If you get Microsoft Office for Mac, Apple iWork or NeoOffice (free).
2. Boot Camp comes as part of OS X and you can install it into that, or there is software like Paralells that lets you run it in OS X.
3. Information here
4. Photoshop is available for the Mac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.