macbook help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hey i have a macbook shipped with tiger.my bro bought a new macbook shipped with leopard 10.5.2 reinstallation dvd i tryed it on my macbook it says that it couldnt be installed on this computer any ideas on how to bypass this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I don't believe you can. When did you buy the MacBook? If it's after Leopard was released, you should get the upgrade to Leopard for free. Go to an Apple store and talk to them about it.

M

MacHeadCase

hey i have a macbook shipped with tiger.my bro bought a new macbook shipped with leopard 10.5.2 reinstallation dvd i tryed it on my macbook it says that it couldnt be installed on this computer any ideas on how to bypass this?

What you are asking is a violation of Apple's EULA. Guess you bypassed reading the forum rules when you activated your account ? More specifically this paragraph :

4 - Illegal Activity: We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

This also includes discussion of breaking the terms of software or hardware EULAs.

And on top of that restore disks are hardware specific so it'll never work on yours because you don't have the same model.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.