Could use some reassurance.

Reaction score
Well, I'm about to buy a refurbished Macbook but, this Lenovo IdeaPad also seems really nice. This will be my first Mac and even though the IdeaPad is nice I'm getting the Macbook. But some words of encouragement would still be nice :D.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
1. The mac will take a bit of getting used to, but is a well built piece of kit with the best OS on the planet

2. You wont have to use Vista

3. Say goodby to malware spyware and viruses

4. Mac refurbs have a very good reputation, as I am sure others here will tell

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I agree with louishen whole-heartedly. I bought a refurb myself and got it on the 28th of last month. I've upgraded the RAM and HD and have had zero problems with it or my wife's iMac (bought at the same time). Everything is so much easier to do on this machine. I'm ashamed to think about how long it took me to make the decision!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 3rd Generation, 16 GB, Black, WiFi only
I was in the same boat as you, until last Thursday night when I bought a refurbed 2.2 blackbook for $1049. This review (http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4272) eliminated the IdeaPad for me. I checked it out in person at Office Max, and the review is correct, the screen on the IdeaPad is very glossy (read: too glossy).

I suggest you get a macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
i can reassure you that you will like your macbook. I love mine and no intentions of ever going back. I haven't bought a refurb mac, but i have boughten a refurb ipod, and aebs and other than a different box you couldn't tell that they had been used. My next mac will most likely be a refurb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 3rd Generation, 16 GB, Black, WiFi only
Oh yea, macbooks are becoming insanely popular amongst the higher education crowd, so you'll be part of the trend! GO MACBOOK!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.