Folder arrangement in Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33(Snow Leopard)
Hello.

I'm using Leopard(10.5.2). And I'd like to arrange all my files in icon view to their kind. I also like to have the little info. writing below the folder icons.

In Tiger I managed to do it for all my files in a simple step. But in Leopard, maybe because of a bug, I can't do it. I can only arrange the folders one by one. If I make new folder in an arrangend folder and then enter in to the new folder and paste something they will be untidy.But I'd like to arrange all of my files.

So how can i do that. Can u please help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
Switching to mac in the past year or so, I was aware that OS X doesn't allow as many options for sorting folders / files. I personally was so used to having folders placed above files, etc. I can't remember the name of it, but there is an app out there that will allow you to arrange folders / files in just about any order you can think of.

Reaction score
It seems to work the same as Tiger no? When you open a finder window and go to view>show view options there's a drop down for arrange by: and select kind.

Does that still not arrange them how you like? Maybe I don't understand your question.

OP
cansurmeli
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33(Snow Leopard)
U are right AlyciaAnimation. It arranges from there but just for that folder. It won't effect the others. What I want is to effect all the folders in my mac.

Anyway. Thanks so far. Any other thoughts?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.