Windows is having a lot of problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MB Air, Iphone
:Grimmace: Ok, am running Parallels (latest version) and XP home. Everything was fine, each operating system could run Itunes as I have to sync my Iphone to Outlook for calendars and contacts, and on the Mac side, I would sync movies and songs.
Suddenly, my Iphone no longer syncs with Windows Itunes, it does go through the sync process but nothing syncs. The Iphone does show up in Windows. Also on the Windows side, I used to be able to see the music from a shared folder but even that doesn't work anymore.
My solution is to delete the XP Hard Disk under //User/Documents/Parallels on OX 10.5.2 and begin anew to reinstall Windows with a brand new installation.
Repair disk didn't work, deleting Parallels and Parallels tools didn't work, Apple and Parallels tech support have not been able to solve this. It has to be a bad .dll file. Is this the best way to reinstall Windows under Parallels by just deleting the Parallels folder in Documents?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
I really cant offer any thing solid except that I have come across info that states fusion works better for USB support.

Im not an expert on the subject but when im using xp via fusion in full screen mode i get full sync and usb services. Maybe you have this option under parallels

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MB Air, Iphone
Anyone?

Help With This?

Reaction score
Make sure everything up to date, itunes on both windows and OSX plus the firmware of your iphone. If it all is then I don't a have a clue.

ps: 'alot' is not a word, it's two words.

edit: oh and make sure parallels is up to date.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MB Air, Iphone
A lot of clues

Make sure everything up to date, itunes on both windows and OSX plus the firmware of your iphone. If it all is then I don't a have a clue.

ps: 'alot' is not a word, it's two words.

edit: oh and make sure parallels is up to date.
Yes, everything is up to date with Parallels and OSX AND Itunes as WELL as the iphone. (iPhone?)
Number one problem maybe Parallels itself. Under OSX 10.5.1 Itunes (iTunes)? saw the shared folders in Parallels, but with 10.5.2 it can not and will not find the Itunes (iTunes?) music folder HENCE: a possible bug with Parallels.
How did I come to this conclusion? I have two (2) MBP's available to me, one that I use everyday and one that a friend let me use for this purpose. On both machines, the exact same thing happens. No sync with the iphone (iPhone?) in windows.
All of this typing is making me tired but thank you for all who read this and tried to help!

Reaction score
Do you have to use Outlook? I would sync Outlook with iCal and Address Book then you just have to update your iPhone on the Mac side.

I've been using Plaxo.com and it's been working really well for me. Something to consider at least.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MB Air, Iphone
Interesting!

Do you have to use Outlook? I would sync Outlook with iCal and Address Book then you just have to update your iPhone on the Mac side.

I've been using Plaxo.com and it's been working really well for me. Something to consider at least.
I see it syncs address book and can sync Calendars Outlook via Google Calendar...
Hummm..perhaps not so bad now;D

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MB Air, Iphone
Uh HUH

The less you can use Windows the better in my opinion :D
You can bet on that...but when ya have several devices that have to sync with Outlook and only one that doesn't it does get frustrating

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.