problem booting iBook G4

Reaction score
I am having a problem booting my iBook G4. I think it is just a full hard drive and therefore cannot load OS X. Is there anyway I can force it to load, so I can work my way around the problem and delete some things?

OP
C
Reaction score
I am having a problem booting my iBook G4. I think it is just a full hard drive and therefore cannot load OS X. Is there anyway I can force it to load, so I can work my way around the problem and delete some things?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There's no need to post your question twice in separate sections, once was more than enough.

A full hard drive will never prevent you from booting into an OS. The problem lies elsewhere. Give us some more details as to what happens when you turn on the computer.

OP
C
Reaction score
When I boot up the computer, it remains on the gray apple screen with the loading "gear" continuously spinning. That's as far as it goes.

Sorry for posting twice and thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Would you be having a FW cable and another mac around? Cause you can boot into Target disk mode and delete stuff.

Otherwise, try a disk utility - permissions repair. You might gain some free space or something by doing that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.