• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Switch to Safari: A look at Safari for Windows (Personal blog post)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
A small little review I did on Safari for Windows. Cause I have a lot of Windows readers. Not sure if this goes in "Anything goes", MHC? Or maybe this thread just be deleted for personal blog advertising :)

Switch to Safari: A look at Safari for Windows
Many who have known this blog from back in the days, must know that I was a firefox boy. Well, at least until it played with me. However, even back then I had no other alternative but to use Firefox on Windows.

Then came along Safari. In it's BETA versions of Windows, it was a little crashy and buggy so I never mentioned it. I did however use it all along. However, now, with the Safari 3.1 update, it's finally out of BETA. The browser is stable, super fast, extremely standards compliant, and I can finally say, you gotta switch to Safari.

If however you are a heavy extensions user (Power users they call themselves), and can't live without them, then Safari is not for you. If you prefer to customise your browser instead of surfing the web, then Safari is not for you. If you want a out-of-the-box ready to use browser, with some really awesome features, speedy, stable, then give Safari a shot. Here's a small list of reasons to 'go Safari'.

Lemme know if I should add something or remove something. Any inputs are appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Dude, that's a really nice blog. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
This is about the only time I've seen someone defending Safari on Windows. Good effort. I agree about the plugins, though: if you get attached to one, they're hard to replace.

I personally miss Adblock (and Safariblock) on Safari for Windows. (Well, I would, except I don't use Windows for any serious surfing!)

I like the font rendering example you showed:
firefoxfontrenderingve6.png
That's a pretty striking difference. Can I ask what page you used for those screenshots? I'd like to see it for myself.

OP
goobimama
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
:) My Apple Menu published the article on their daily list of Apple things :D My stat counter registered a huge bump in visitors!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.