Help? Bootcamp with Wireless Keyboard/Mouse?

Reaction score
Folks,

I bought a new 20 inch iMac 2.4ghz.. Ordered it with the wireless keyboard and mouse setup cause I hate wires!! Anyway, reading the literature for boot camp, it says that you need a USB keyboard and mouse?!! Has anyone tried the bootcamp setup with the wireless devices? Apple says that it "should" still work.. Hmm... I'd hate to have to buy wired stuff just to install bootcamp.. Thanks for any advice..

John..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
i have an apple mighty mouse and i have to connect it via 'add bluetooth devide' every time i turn on th computer or put it to sleep. :( very annoying... i was wondering if there is a solution to permanently connect the mighty mouse to windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
To Geardaddy's: I think it says that because you will need a wired keyboard and mouse after you install Windows but before you install the Mac drivers for for hardware like the bluetooth. Once you have the BT drivers in and the wireless devices set up, you should be fine. I use Windows on my MBP with a wireless keyboard and mouse and never have to touch the MBP's keyboard or trackpad because the wireless connects to Windows as soon as I it a key or button.

To Dr. Doof: I think your problem may be in manually setting a key or code for the BT devices. I once had a similar problem, but once I set a random code, it connected by itself fine from then on. It's not like I had to type in a code anything either. I just had to punch something in manually during the initial setup. And it was completely random, not something preset for the device. I hope that helps.

Reaction score
I have the mightymouse BT on my MacBook, everytime I boot to XP bootcamp I just have to fumble a little the on-off switch on the bottom of mouse to make it working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.