Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.2QC, 27" (Oct 2012), iPad (3rd)、iPhone 6 Plus
Hi there...

I've started experiencing strange conditions as follows:

1) The fan runs with big noise.
2) Message comes out, asking to restart
3) Restarted a few times but the same happened

--------

Did some searches and found it could be kernel panic? Re-boot by pressing 'shift' key while restarting. It worked. Went back a normal start (no safe mode), operation fine. Left the computer on without touching for, let's say about 10 minutes. The same message 'restart required' showed up (gray background). Ran Onyx, cleaned all mess. It seemed OK. I talked to a friend, who runs Linux. He told me there could be something wrong with Firefox. It may be true because I left my iMac on while Firefox was opened. I recently installed from this friend (thumb drive), emulator to play old Arcade games. He told me that emulator has nothing to do nor is harm to the system. I am leaning to believe about the potential problem with Firefox, if I am correct. In fact, after the restart and opened Firefox, I got this message came up, instead of a full browser page (see attached).

Can someone help me out? I may be in a big trouble now.

View attachment firefox_3-21-08.pdf

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what is that emulator?

Delete it off your mac and reinstall firefox while you are there

Have you upgraded the ram recently or attaches any new usb devices?

Also download and run Clamx just in case you have accidentally installed a trojan

OP
odenkun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Emulators are;

RockNES and Snex9x, old Nintendo and Super Nintendo..

Yes, I did expand 2GB RAM and I also replaced an optical drive. Running OK without any problems after the modifications. I just let the Firefox on for hours (6-7 hrs.). Then this problem started happening.

Friend told me 'delete/re-install Firefox' but I am worried about losing all bookmarks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you go to organise bookmarks, the under the file menu you can export your bookmarks if you are worried

OP
odenkun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, I got it. I will try to re-install Firefox. Thanks... for now. I will update.

oops, I lost all. I screwed up... Cannot believe all my bookmarks are now gone...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.