iPod resets after about a day of no use

OP
M

m1k

What do you mean resets itself? All the settings (equalizer, etc.) should stay the same, even in extended sleep periods. I've left my iPod for 3 days and nothing happened. It should DEFINITELY not do that...

Call Apple, it's probably your best bet.

OP
M

Mr.Curlynose1

He means that it turns completely off so that when you press a button the Apple logo comes on for awhile, and then it goes to the menu. Mine does this too. I think it's normal.

Reaction score
My 3G never did that, it doesn't really hurt anything so I am not going to worry about it.

OP
J

JayJay

When I say it resets itself I mean that all the settings I had set (i.e. clicker in headphones) reset and go back to factory settings. And yes sometimes the apple icon comes appears like it did when I first bought it

OP
S

SamR

The apple logo shows up on my 3G model when it has been in sleep for an extended period of time, but I have left it for a month and the setting have never reset.

OP
H

heyclement

usually after a few days of non-using, the apple logo shows up on my 3G iPod while re-activating it, but the settings have never been reset, so I wasn't too worry about it. But then I thought all the iPod did that. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.