Photo Booth?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I can not find Photo Booth in my Applications directory. Does someone know where it is hidden? :Smirk:

F

Fallooza

it should have been ib the Apps folder. if Spotlight doesnt find it you or someone must have deleted it. if ya use time machine you might be able ta get it back

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it should have been ib the Apps folder. if Spotlight doesnt find it you or someone must have deleted it. if ya use time machine you might be able ta get it back
That's what I was thinking. i don't remember deleting it but I obviously did. I haven't bought a drive large enough to run Time Machine yet so it is disabled. Is there another way of getting it back without reinstalling the OS?

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Problem solved. I dragged a copy of it on my wife's iMac into her public folder, compressed it, dragged it onto my desktop, decompressed it and dragged it into my apps folder. All is better with the world now!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Sweet if you ever loose a app like that again, just put in install disc 1 and click the option to install app bundle or something of that sort. I know there is a program to just get the specific app off the DVD put it has lost my memory =/ maybe someone else will be able to tell you.

M

MacHeadCase

The app you talk about, The Vindicat3d, is Pacifist. :)

John, be careful dragging apps from one Mac to an other : some might, just might, contain code that is specific to the hardware it is installed on. Using Pacifist from your restore disk is safer, IMO. Besides, if the app has other bits scared on the hard drive and they aren't copied over as well, the software will not work well if it has parts missing.

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The app you talk about, The Vindicat3d, is Pacifist. :)

John, be careful dragging apps from one Mac to an other : some might, just might, contain code that is specific to the hardware it is installed on. Using Pacifist from your restore disk is safer, IMO. Besides, if the app has other bits scared on the hard drive and they aren't copied over as well, the software will not work well if it has parts missing.
Thanks for the head's up! I didn't know that.

M

MacHeadCase

Oh man... I can't write anymore ! :eek:

Lemme correct the typos and dropped words in my above post so what I said is clearer... :Oops:

John, be careful dragging apps from one Mac to an other : some might, just might, contain code that is specific to the hardware it is installed on. Using Pacifist and grabbing apps from your restore disk is safer, IMO. Besides, if the app has other bits scattered on the hard drive and they aren't copied over as well, the software will not work well if it has parts missing.

O:)

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh man... I can't write anymore ! :eek:

Lemme correct the typos and dropped words in my above post so what I said is clearer... :Oops:

O:)
Thanks again. Out of curiosity, I installed Pacifist and opened up the installation disks. I could not find Photo Booth, but I know it's there somewhere. Do you know where?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.