gimmesometune?? iTunes album art

Reaction score
I was under the impression that this application would help with importing album art into itunes. I not exactly sure how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I personally haven't used the program you mentioned, but what I do is just ask iTunes to look for the Album artwork, and when it can't find it, I just go to Amazon and copy & paste the covers from there into iTunes.

Reaction score
It will. While playing the songs in iTunes, GimmeSomeTune automatically try to find missing album art - based on the existing metadata (album/artist).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If you are from any of the 22 iTunes countries, you can signup for a free account, and then get all your album art, high res, with just a click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
To Kash.... how do you copy and paste from amazon to itunes. I have tried but fail. I go to amazon click the picture and select copy and then in itunes i go to album view and right click to past but i dont have the option to paste. What am i missing ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No Luck. tried that it dosnt work. I must be doing something simply wrong. I am dragging the album artwork from say amazon to the my itunes album on the missing artwork album. I have also copied onto my desktop then tried to drag in and no joy.

OP
D
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that the album art through itunes was free! Thanks to all!

If you are from any of the 22 iTunes countries, you can signup for a free account, and then get all your album art, high res, with just a click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No Luck. tried that it dosnt work. I must be doing something simply wrong. I am dragging the album artwork from say amazon to the my itunes album on the missing artwork album. I have also copied onto my desktop then tried to drag in and no joy.
Here's a skitch to show you what you are supposed to do. And make sure it is showing the "Selected Track" where I've marked with the circle. And no snooping around for dirty stuff on my Mac :)

20080323-e169j1fpta1s8inxjqmt9miy3k.jpg

Reaction score
Drag the album art from amazon to the desktop. If its 1 song, highlight it in itunes, right click, get info, artwork tab, drag it there and hit ok.

If its multiple songs, highlight, right click, get info, drag into the artwork box and hit ok.

Ive done this for TONS AND TONS of songs, should work. If not, you are doing something wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats good guys thanks aload

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
No post intended.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
While we're on the topic, this software mentioned got me thinking. Is there any software that works that goes more in-depth than iTunes' album art search? I've done the one through iTunes twice, I'm still missing tons (iTunes searches for 4915 pieces of Album Artwork when I do it, and finds none) Obviously, I don't want to search Amazon for a month drag and dropping artwork.

Any tips appreciated :) thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just make sure your Artist and Album name are properly tagged. Then, close your iTunes window, but keep iTunes active. Hit Advanced > Get Album artwork. iTunes will automatically get the artwork for those which have none.

Not sure if you need to close your iTunes window, but just go with the flow on this one.

Reaction score
Not working all the time

I've tried a lot of these mentioned (the amazon art widget), gimmesometune, fetch art, and the manual way of dragging or pasting. They all work for half of my music collection, and they all don't work for the other half!

The amazon widget has been my favourite tool, but it comes up with an error message 'iteunes is not running' on the occasional album. When this happens, I try the manual drag and drop approach but that doesn't work on these particular ones. It drops in fine, but as I change track and then back again, the art vanishes. It's not sticking!

Does anyone have any ideas here as it's driving me mad. I've checked the read/write permissions on these folders and they are writable.

Any tips to help me solve this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
iTunes is kind of weird how it handles album art, and I've struggled with it as well. Album art is kind of important to me, for some reason (well, actually I know the reason; I like it to show up on my iPod while it's playing and it's kind of important for Cover Flow as well.) What you need to do is go to Doug's Scripts and get an applescript called "Embed Artwork" which will jam the art directly into the tune file. Search for it on that site. There are instructions there as well as to how to implement it within iTunes on your Mac.

It's worked well for me, and guarantees that my album art will carry over no matter where the sound files end up. They mostly live in my iTunes library, but one never knows what might happen, and having the album art embedded into the file itself makes sure that iTunes behaves as far as the art is concerned.

Reaction score
Thanks for this - it looked like it was going to work, but then it doesn't seem to be doing anything. For it to embed the art, I'm guessing it needs to actually have the art in place already somehow?

With my tracks/albums that aren't behaving, there is no art attached to them at all (although some do have art sitting in the folder that the music sits). So when I run this script, nothing's happening...

Am I missing something?

I've even tried the google image drag and drop, and then tried to run the script to embed it, but again nothing!

Any further ideas anyone? Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.