Help with Boot Camp and XP

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

So I got Leopard yesterday, installed it. Now, I opened bootcamp, and am trying to install Windows Xp.

Here's the problem:

I get to the Windows Partitioning screen, and this message pops up when it's halfway through the partition:

"THE DISK CANNOT BE PARTITIONED BECAUSE SOME FILES CANNOT BE MOVED.
Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journal) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again."

How do I fix this? How do I SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Windows?!?!

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Well, I would say, "Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journal) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again."

But did you have your disk partitioned with Tiger? If so, how are the partitions formatted? You may be able to install XP as it is...?

OP
J
Reaction score
"Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journal) volume."

I went into Disk Utilities...but how do I format it as a single Mac OS Extended volume? I'm new to using Leopard and installing windows, clearly. I just really need windows on this computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.