Just Made The Switch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP | 15" 2.4 GHz i5, 4GB
Hey all. After a long wait of contemplation (and saving - college budget), I made the switch to and iMac yesterday. I've been lurking around these forums looking for some general info, but specifically for info on good mice and keyboards.

I'm not enamored with the stock product to be honest, wireless or not. They keyboard is nice, but wired and I did not like the minimal wireless option. I'm looking for a replacement wireless keyboard and mouse. I found the "Official Mice Thread" or whatever it's called, but I didn't see one on keyboards.

1) Is there a keyboard thread I'm missing?

2) Cam you recommend me some wireless products? Bluetooth would be nice, but not required. I'm not looking to spend $100 on each or anything, so I realize that will limit me.

I prefer white/silver to keep things aesthetically pleasing, but I'm open to whatever. I realize I can't be too picky for my price restrictions.

Appreciate the help everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 2.16ghz, 2gb, 256MB
um, i've allways used logitech and have been very happy. I think you can get the wireless wave keyboard and mouse for under 100$ I have the wired wave keyboard and I think it is great. I love the rightclick on non-apple mice. anyway I would just go to Logitech.com and look at keyboard mouse combinations.

OP
MikeIsGood
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am aware. I don't like how low form it is. It's not as comfortable to my hand, I don't like the scroll dot, and as nit-picky as it may be, i'd like to have a dedicated right-click button instead of just an area. I've been through the Mice Thread, so I know I'm not alone :)

torvold, thanks, I'll check that out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
I just bought a new Logitech Wave Keyboard/Mouse combo since it was supposed to work... well the new drivers for the Mac don't work and never recognized the keyboard/mouse.

I am using a bluetooth mouse with my apple keyboard, though once again Logitech doesn't regonize its own mouse. I have used a program called SteerMouse to give me function of the mouse as I am used to.

OP
MikeIsGood
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I was out at BB and they had the Logitech Wave KB/Mouse duo set for under $80 on sale (same as what I saw it for on the net). I'm gonna give it a test drive before I decide whether I want to keep it or not. I like it so far, but I'll report back my thoughts later if anyone cares. Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. I hope this works out for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
Office Depot has the Wave for $44 or about after rebates. Reg price was $89, instant $20 off, then $25 rebate.

Good luck with it, hopefully your's works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme, 500+500GB HD, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.1
Dont blame you for wanting to change...the apple mouse is just dreadful IMO.

OP
MikeIsGood
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
y-guy, first, thanks for a heads-up on the price. Mine has been working great. Too bad yours has been shoddy. I plugged the receiver in and it responded immediately to both the mouse and keyboard. I next downloaded the Intel iMac drivers from the Logitech website. I installed those, then went into system preferences and customized the buttons to my liking. I'm really liking it so far.

I hope you find better luck with yours soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.