Keyboard Menu Underline Short Cuts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
I'm loving my new IMac... but having one frustration in my switch.

I am a regular Firefox user and one habit I am having a hard time breaking is the use of the underscore letters in the menus (see photo). I generally surf with one on my mouse and the other on the keyboard. I open up several tabs when reading forums like this by right clicking on the link, then I tap the "t" key and it opens behind and I read the page later. Not having that "t" to type is driving me nuts.

I've searched to see if Firefox or any other browser has this as an option or add-on since this goes against the Mac OS standard.

Is this at all possible to accomplish with a hack or add-on that anyone is aware of?

underline_text.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Well, for the open-link-in-new-tab command, it's faster to just hold down the Command key as you click the link. (Ctrl on Windows.)

Safari, at least, has a whole list of command-key modifiers that you can use when clicking on a link. I expect most of them are also available in Firefox, though they may be slightly different.

Letter shortcuts aren't part of Mac applications, but you can use the arrow keys to navigate to commands that don't have command-key shortcuts.

OP
y-guy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 - 4GB RAM, Logitech S530 Kbrd/Mouse, Logitech Z2300 Speakers
technologist thank you!!! The Command and click is just the trick that I needed to load a link in a new tab. It will take some getting used to but that's the type of shortcut I needed. Sweet!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.