AVI, Xvid, Divx to apple tv on pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBookPro 2.33 GHz, 2 GB Ram 160 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 750 GB External HDD
Hi guys,

I have a bunch of media in formats that apple tv wont play. is there a free way to get these file into itunes so I can watch them on my new, shiny appletv. I have my apple tv linked to my one and only pc, the pc is always on and has a much bigger hdd than any of my mac laptops, thats why I chose to sink the ATV with the pc.

I did find a free program that worked get but it was mac only. "videodrive" anyone know of a free program like this I can use on the pc, or a another way to get this o work.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I do not know of a PC app, there are no doubt ones that can do this

I would do the conversion ob your mac and then transfer the files to your PCs hard drive.

The video conversion engine is built in to OS X, you just need a GUI to access them

http://ffmpegX.com/

this will let you convert just about anything to mpeg-4 that will work in itunes

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBookPro 2.33 GHz, 2 GB Ram 160 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 750 GB External HDD
OK,

After reading some things I decided on Visual hub for the conversion. What settings should I use to make the files look as good as I can on the apple tv. Visual hub does not have a AppleTV option, do I just chose the mp4 option and should I select the h.264.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4Ghz, BlackBook 2.0 Ghz, iBook G4, 8Gb iPhone, AppleTV, 80 Gb Video iPod 3 Nanos and 1 Shuffle
Optimize for

OK,

After reading some things I decided on Visual hub for the conversion. What settings should I use to make the files look as good as I can on the apple tv. Visual hub does not have a AppleTV option, do I just chose the mp4 option and should I select the h.264.

Visual Hub does have an ATV format. Just select iTunes from the buttons up top then select Apple TV from the "Optimize for" option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16ghz 2gb ram 250gb HD
im a visualhub user. it. is. emmense. my apple tv would be useless without it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.