iChat won't load buddy list.

Reaction score
Are you still having this problem? I just ran across this other post today, maybe it'll help.

I was having the problem many were complaining about where the icq user always appearing offline and thus I could not reply to im's from that person. After some more poking around on apple discussions I found out that this might have something to do with the buddy being blocked. I looked at the buddies in my ichat using the icq number to log in and it turns out that the entire buddy list was blocked, (buddy meny --> block user was checked). I don't know why. After unblocking the entire buddy list, which I had to do one by one, I didn't have the problem and the icq user showed up as available and online in my ichat using an aim screen name.

Reaction score
I run into this problem every now and then, as well. i KNOW my buddies are not blocked, because i have myself logged in on another mac as an account who is on this buddy list.
In other words, I have accounts A and B. A loads no buddies. B loads (on a different mac) perfectly, and A doesn't even show that B is online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
AIM actually is the keeper of the list - perhaps there is a problem that end. More than once have not been able to even log in and then with no changes my end, it all works well for another few weeks - go figure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.