PowerBook Display is Sucky?

L

Lasha

Why is the PowerBook display too bright? I mean, I know you can control the brightness of the screen, but not that. I'm talking about like the contrast and stuff. When I go to apple.com, and click on the iMac, it shows an iMac GIF showing how you can change the angle and stuff (to the left under the main stuff). That barely even shows on the screen no matter what I tried to do! I messed with the color profiles and etc! Does the PowerBook display just suck?

OP
I

iSheep

The PowerBook display is the clearest monitor I've ever owned and produces colours wonderfully.

Run the Color Profile assistant, you can change pretty much anything. What are you comparing it too?

OP
M

m1k

Nope, the PowerBook display is better than pretty much any display I've ever used. If you just tilt it up/down, you may be able to fix it. The PB's display should be perfectly calibrated, so it may just be the angle that you're looking at the monitor at.

Good luck!

OP
L

Lasha

It's definitely not the angle. I looked at it from EVERY viewable angle imaginable. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I'm inclined to agree. My Powerbook display is much brighter and clearer than any other LCD I've used...and it looks perfect no matter what I'm viewing.

OP
L

Lasha

Okay. I just went to CompUSA again today and this time, I tried on the 12inch PowerBook. It looked a lot better than of the 17inch. I guess it's the model that's messed up. This makes me feel so much better!

OP
S

SamR

I personally love the display on my powerbook. I've had it for 3 months now and it's the best screen I've ever seen. I especially love the 'font smoothing' feature, when I use a windows computer (especially my friend's Dell) the screen is so harsh and looks horrible IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
ditto same here for me.. love my powerbook screen and only get compliments when people see it :)

OP
C

Cloudane

Apparently the previous 12" powerbook models had not the greatest display ever (same as the old ibook), from what I was reading. And this was fixed with the latest models that came out a few months ago.

Mine is perfect, the most clear display I've ever seen. Period.

OP
H

heyclement

SamR said:
I personally love the display on my powerbook. I've had it for 3 months now and it's the best screen I've ever seen. I especially love the 'font smoothing' feature, when I use a windows computer (especially my friend's Dell) the screen is so harsh and looks horrible IMO.

well, just to let you know. they do have the "font smoothing" feature in windows too. :p

OP
P

prozach1576

The only screens I've seen that top my PB's are the Apple Cinema Displays.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
Lasha said:
Okay. I just went to CompUSA again today and this time, I tried on the 12inch PowerBook. It looked a lot better than of the 17inch. I guess it's the model that's messed up. This makes me feel so much better!
You must have a messed up 17 inch becouse mine is perfect. It looks better then all of the models. (in my opinion) You should calibrate your monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
firsteggprez said:
You must have a messed up 17 inch becouse mine is perfect. It looks better then all of the models. (in my opinion) You should calibrate your monitor.

LOL...of course your 17 looks better than all the rest...because it's yours. Realistically, all size PB screens look the same...I've compared them in the store. They're simply amazing LCDs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3 GHz 3 gigs of ram & 2004 PowerBook
Osiris22x said:
LOL...of course your 17 looks better than all the rest...because it's yours. Realistically, all size PB screens look the same...I've compared them in the store. They're simply amazing LCDs.

Ya... They really are but i think it looks "nicer" :mac: I love it... the first time i saw one i drooled... well not really but ya.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i wish i have your problem, my display is quite dark at all angles and color settings

-chris

OP
W

wickedbusa

I don't know about you, but everyone who has seen my PB has been completely in awe at my display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.