Mac Mail...

Reaction score
Can anyone out there answer this question? I'm new to the mac world, and glad to be part of it, but I'm confused about the mail system. I've added my e-mail accounts to the mail program, but whenever I delete messages, they remain on the original server. For example, if I read and delete a hotmail message on Mail, it is still there when I log into Hotmail. Is there anyway I can delete messages in Mail and have them deleted in Hotmail at the same time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
20080320-ds7wkwetrs1uw6ciu3psffqkah.jpg

If you go to mail preferences, and to the Account in question. Then to the Advanced pane .You can choose how you want mail to work with your mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24' Imac, 8gb Ipod Nano, 8gb Ipod touch
does anybody know if there is a mail add on or download that will flash a preview of the message in the corner when new mail comes like what entourage does?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Moved to correct forum.

Reaction score
There is GrowlMail which up until Leopard worked nicely. Hopefully they are working on it cause I miss that feature. If you still have Tiger though, you should look into it. Apparently some people got GrowlMail to work in Leopard, but the fix didn't work for me, maybe I did it wrong :(

If you don't have Growl, I recommend getting it. It works for a lot of other programs other than mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24' Imac, 8gb Ipod Nano, 8gb Ipod touch
i got growl i got it to work i had to type something in the terminal to get it to work, i also downloaded minimail i really like that, you have to pay for it it is 9.00 you can download a free trial to se if you like it thats exactly what I have been looking for!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.