Entourage for Mac lost all my info

Reaction score
I have been using entourage on my MBP since Sept 07. Today I was playing with some setting to set up my girlfriends account, and when I went to open entourage it is like the first time...all my email and everything gone...fresh start! Ahhhhh! what happened?

I was downloading MSN messenger for mac earlier and accidentally clicked the office download first, but I stopped it in about 5 secs...could that have overwritten my version of entourage?

I cant believe that everything is 'really' gone, so how do I get it back?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Entourage database lives in your User, Documents, Microsoft User Data, Office 2004 Identities, Main Identity folder. Even if you deleted Entourage completely, it would not have touched your data. It is possible that if you reinstalled an earlier version of Entourage that it can't read the database, in which case you just have to run the Microsoft Autoupdater and bring it up to date.

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks for that and I can see the database...but I cant get it into entourage...I have updated and tried importing, but it wont let me read the files...

anymore info?

OP
L
Reaction score
I really appreciate the help but I am still not able to get the info into entourage...when I do the rebuild nothing changes... even if I could acces the info through another software that would be good but when I double click the database file it just opens the empty entourage...

please help :(

Reaction score
I think your Mac has somehow created another Entourage identity database. Do a find for a file specifically named: "Database". The one you want should be in the location listed above. Be careful throwing things out!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
At first I had Entourage 2004. When I opened my Microsoft User Data folder there was a sub-folder called "Office 2004 Identity" or something to that effect. When I switched to Entourage 2008, a new folder appeared called "Office 2008 Identity" but the 2004 identity also remained.

Did you check to see if there are 2 similarly named identities in your Microsoft User Data (located in Documents in your Finder). Perhaps Entourage is finding the wrong one...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.