Flashing Blue Globe on startup

N

noisuf0

Umm.. I have a G3 Ruby Red iMac with Mac OS X Panther

Tonight, I went to restart my computer, and I restarted it, but when I turn it on, I get the blue mac-globe ball in the center of the screen flashing. It's a grey background, with a white square, with a blue globe in the little white square, flashing on my screen, and nothing happen from there. When I turn it on i get the mac-chime, and then this happens.

Anything that may assist me in fixing this?

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Turn it on and hold down the C key. Your iMac is trying, for some reason, to boot from a network drive. Since none exists it is stalling. It should kick to the next valid boot device, your hard drive. If it's not, perhaps your drive is bad for some reason.

Anyways, holding down the C key will tell it to look at the CD-ROM drive, and then, ultimately at the Hard Drive.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Clear the PRAM. Turn on the computer while holding Apple+Option+P+R, and let go after you hear 4 chimes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.