Halo and Warcraft 3 on OS X Overheating

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
When I am running Warcraft III in OSX it will play for about a minute then stop for a few seconds untill the fan is at full speed, then it will play for a few seconds then stop and then go again. It is fully updated to 1.21b and is the Universal Version.

With halo it has the same problems but it doesn't do it quite so much as the wc3, I have tried it on all the graphics settings and it still has the same effect.

Under Windows WC3 works fine but it can lag out and go down to 15fps but is still playable on LAN games and Halo is the same.

Under OSX I use Fan Control to change all the temperatures that the fans come on and even on the max it still has no effect, under windows I cant change any fan settings so thats out of the question.

Halo is Fully updated and the UB version.

Is there a fix to this? is it my macbook or the games? Or am I gonna have to invest in a laptop cooling pad? Any one can recommend a good one that would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
Its your Macbook, the integrated graphics card doesn't really handle games too well. I never had the problem with Warcraft though I get it with Halo every once in a while.

OP
halo200
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
then how come it has problems on the mac side but not as much on the windows side, i mean I can play the same games better and smoother on the windows side than the mac side even with the mac side on low graphics and the windows side on high graphics, excluding halo though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
I remember reading something a while ago about how for some reason in Windows the graphic card runs better, i don't remember all of it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.