Civilization 3 won't work on MacBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.4GHz - 2GB Ram - 160GB - 8x Super Drive
I have a new Macbook i bought a few weeks ago and bought a new copy of Civilization 3 off Ebay and installed it today but it wont work. I get this error

DrawSprocket cannot switch to the requested resolution (640x480, 16 bit, 1 buffer(s)).

Make sure your computer meets the display requirements specified to the Read Me file.

Not too sure what this means as I am new to mac, but I did download a demo version of Civilization 4 and it worked no problem, everything ran smooth. So an older version of this game should work no problem in my opinion. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks!!

-Nick

OP
Tesla760
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.4GHz - 2GB Ram - 160GB - 8x Super Drive
Reaction score
As you hopefully have learned by now, the new iMacs (I have a MacBook Pro, myself) do not operate Civ III due to the use of the new Intel processors.

I did the same thing, buying Civ III, and was equally disappointed. And, it doesn't seem like there's anything comparable out there (for now).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.