Online ordering

Reaction score
Ok, new to the forum and searched but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. I am building my website and I have to needs, first off, ability to have people login & create an account. Second, I need to be able to have those same people be able to build a shopping cart of items and then hit submit and the order is emailed to me in some viable form. This isn't paypal or any shopping like that, most of the orders would be via purchase order, so they need to put that number in and submit it with the order or send it in to follow up, so they may need to print the list instead of submitting the online order, make sense?

Can this be done with iweb or do I have to go another route? Second, suggestions for hosting and such to do this and create the forms, I used to know a site where you could input the info and the form was created for you and you copied the code into dreamweaver or whatever. Is it possible to create the list of items as an online catalog where the look is a page turning catalog that they can click the check box and mark the qty and then flip the page and it adds it to the list and tallies it up at the end?

Also of questions I have, hopefully you have some patience for me, appreciate any help or ideas. thanks.

capt.

Reaction score
A lot of the functionality you want for your website would be accomplished by an open source e-commerce package such as osCommerce or CubeCart. These provide the ability for customers to create an account, browse an online catalog, etc. And these shopping cart solutions give you admin areas allowing you to manage your customers, catalog items, etc.

What you're describing about having customers create a PO and printing the PO, instead of finalizing any purchases online) is a custom solution. But you could start with osCommerce as a base, and then customize it for your needs. It shouldn't take too much work to create the additional functionality you're looking for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.