Podcasts not in "Podcasts" iPod menu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM
Hi

When I sync my iPod to iTunes, my podcasts don't appear under the "Podcasts" menu on the iPod - instead I have to scroll through the "Music" menu to find them which is very annoying.

Does anyone know how to go about resolving this?

Thanks

Ash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
The easiest way to manage podcasts is to create a smart playlist with "podcast = true"

But your problem might be in the ipod settings for podcasts on the ipod. Make sure it is set to sync. Also, make sure that the podcasts you downloaded are "tagged" Podcast. Some producer will forget to tag the podcast properly.

OP
ashmac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The easiest way to manage podcasts is to create a smart playlist with "podcast = true"

But your problem might be in the ipod settings for podcasts on the ipod. Make sure it is set to sync. Also, make sure that the podcasts you downloaded are "tagged" Podcast. Some producer will forget to tag the podcast properly.

Thanks for the info.

I had quick look at my ipod, but couldn't find the podcast sync settings. Can you please tell me where I'd find them?

Within itunes itself, the podcast items are marked as "podcast" under Get Info -> Genre. Is this the tag you are referring to?

OP
ashmac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just created a smart playlist which seems to work all good.

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Glad the playlist worked. The sync is in the podcast tab that shows up when you have the ipod plugged in. You can sync and chose options.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.