Hmmm?

R

Ripped85

I think i might have to get a lap top since my dorm room is lacking space. If im gonna get a lap top, i figure i should go mac..even though i never used one, but im majoring in business and i think most business oriented schools and work use macs...only thing is, i do EVERYTHING on my PC...music, games, webdesign, movies...can the gfx card in the 15" powerbook handle games and movies?

OP
H

hokiethang

Ripped85 said:
I think i might have to get a lap top since my dorm room is lacking space. If im gonna get a lap top, i figure i should go mac..even though i never used one, but im majoring in business and i think most business oriented schools and work use macs...only thing is, i do EVERYTHING on my PC...music, games, webdesign, movies...can the gfx card in the 15" powerbook handle games and movies?

Movies yes, very easily. Games, yes, only thing is there really isnt the selection of games for OS X just yet. The number of games coming out for OS X is definitely increasing. Music is easy, itunes is a very good music player, and well web-design is great especially with a student discount on Macromedia Studio MX. the graphics card is a radeon 9000 with dedicated video ram, not shared with the system ram.

OP
R

Ripped85

hokiethang said:
Movies yes, very easily. Games, yes, only thing is there really isnt the selection of games for OS X just yet. The number of games coming out for OS X is definitely increasing. Music is easy, itunes is a very good music player, and well web-design is great especially with a student discount on Macromedia Studio MX. the graphics card is a radeon 9000 with dedicated video ram, not shared with the system ram.

so is that video card like a special notebook card or i just never heard of it lol...I just wanna get into like warcraft, which is out and stuff....the mac notebooks are so much money though...it's crazy..kinda

OP
H

hokiethang

Ripped85 said:
so is that video card like a special notebook card or i just never heard of it lol...I just wanna get into like warcraft, which is out and stuff....the mac notebooks are so much money though...it's crazy..kinda

The radeon 9000 is a fairly powerful ATI card. They have them for desktops as well. The Apple version of the card offers separate ram for the video card, unlike most PC laptops which have it integrated with the system ram. If warcraft is available for the Mac, it should work without a problem. The video cards in the powerbooks are pretty much desktop cards, redesigned to fit inside a powerbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.