Airport Extreme

R

Randuin

I'm looking in getting a PB 12" because I'm a cheap ******* ;)

I noticed it had airport extreme built-in and I was just wondering if it'd work with existing windows wireless networks. I bought a Linksys wireless data access point a while ago. It's based on the 802.11b standard...

OP
R

Randuin

This thread convinced me :)

Bought a PB today!

pppowerbook.jpg

pppowerbook2.jpg

Thanks guys! :) The PB so far rocks! My first step into the Macintosh world

OP
R

Randuin

Yea, alot of PC users says the screen is too small, but I think it's perfect for what a laptop should be, 1024x768 works perfect :)

Loving MacOSX

OP
I

iSheep

Simple answer to that: get a bigger monitor.

I am so impressed that they've got 1024x768 on a 12" monitor, and you can actually read the text. My mum's Compaq is 1024x768, but that's 15"!

OP
M

m1k

Yeah, I don't find the 12" display a problem at all, even for movies. I don't even notice when I'm using a 17" monitor vs my 12" PB, because I don't really notice a difference.

The 12" PB is the best laptop. Ever. Period. :):):)

OP
R

Randuin

It's awesome! :) I can get around 80kbps downstream while my other two PCs are using the internet connection at the same time! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Nice! I'm looking into the 12" too due to portability issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.