Help Help Help

Reaction score
ok, my mbp was working fine for a bit, but when i tried to use time machine it didnt work with error -43 "file not found". i figured it just wasnt installed properly. so i booted up my leopard install disc and did archive and install. well, about twenty minutes in to the installation it came up with an error, saying that it could not install "BSD" (i dont know what that it)". not thinking anything of it i just restarted and tried to install again. only this time, when it checked to see if i had osx 10.4 or later, it denied that i did. i suspect that the original installation was interupted before it could install a working os, because i cannot boot the os at all.

PLEASE HELP ME i cannot install a fresh os, i cannot boot the old os, and repair disc does nothing. i have no idea what to do.

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do you have a full install Leopard disc? Try and boot from the install DVD and run Verify and/or Repair Disk if there are problems all well and good.

It may mean you have to do a clean install. If OS X.4 and an upgrade version of Leopard only, clean install Tiger and upgrade.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.