Migration from Outlook 2003 (pc) to Entourage 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 3rd gen 2.4 GHz, 256 vid 4gb ram 250 hdd
So I've been having really bad luck with trying to get my iPod Touch to sync with Entourage. I have my calendar and approx 1000+ contacts in Outlook right now. The calendar seemed to sync, but when I try to sync the contacts, Entourage adds them in, and then after each subsequent sync it deletes all of them or duplicates them. I would just use address book, but it seems really elementary and also doesn't seem to have categories like in Outlook.

Has anyone successfully done this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I have a Windows Mobile 5 device and didn't have a problem. I updated my contacts in Outlook 2003 (PC) and then did my first sync with Entourage 2004 via Missing Sync and it uploaded everything. A few weeks later, I upgraded to Entourage 2008 without a hitch. I do understand that 2008 syncs a little differently than 2004, but it still works for me. (I realize none of this helps you at all.)

As a last resort, Little Machines makes a downloadable program called O2M (Outlook to Mac). It costs $10 and will do what you want. It will convert your Outlook contacts into a format that can be imported into Entourage. It will also import your emails if you wish.

I'm sure there is a way to do what you want, but it might be worth spending $10 to save a half a days aggravation of trying to figure it out.

Edit: Now that I think about it, this wouldn't solve your problem either if you are having trouble with subsequent syncs. (This is a completely useless post.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.