Just a stupid question

C

Cerri

I had worked on Macs for years and finally bought my own. I also picked up a PC which is my gaming computer. Needless to say my Mac sat in a box for about 2 years and I just hooked it up again today. But after 2 years on a PC you forget stuff on the Mac... so my question is... before I used to have it so that when you collapsed a window it would hang down at the bottom of the destop instead of floating all over the place. I need to find out how to make it 'pop" down again.... anyone know what I'm talking about? OS 9.1....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hmm... I think I might know what you are talking about.. it's been awhile since I've used 9 :)

Do you mean a file itself or directories etc? Because you can open up a directory and then drag it down to the bottom of the screen and it will create a tab.. I dont think you can do that with files though. You can double click on the title bar and it will windowshade the window so that all you see is the title bar...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Um... preferences? (also long time since classic)

OP
C

Cerri

Well, I've absolutely looked everywhere on how to get the tabs to work again. Although your supposed to be able to just drag them to the bottom and have them work for some reason mine just stopped. I usually use it for application windows as well as Aim and Messenger. It's really annoying for me not to have them anymore since I have forty million windows all over my screen and it's hard to filter through them for the ones I want at the time. It was so easy before. ANY suggestions would be REALLY helpful
:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
C

Cerri

yeah i wish... but to do that I have to upgrade RAM and I just bought a house and can't afford it. Plus it's still under warranty and to do the RAM I'd have to pay someone to do it for me or it will un-do the warranty I paid for. I really want OSX but it's a resource hog from what I'm told.

OP
C

Cerri

I have another dumb question if anyone feels they want to humor me... I know all I can about PC's having built 2 of my own... but I don't even know how to update drivers on my mac. How does one do it for the mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm.. My OS 9 machine was more of a resource hog than my X one.. I heard what you heard at the beginning of OS X, but I think whatever the problem was.. has been fixed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.