• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Adobe says Flash is coming to the iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
FINALLY!
Now, if somebody would make a Cut & Paste option...;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Flash is passe. I would like to see that copy paste action on the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I would be very happy with flash because there is a lot of flash-based media on the web I would like to be able to access. Cut and paste will be nice also. I'm sure someone will come up with it.

One thing I'd really like is remote access to my iTunes library. If I could access and remotely download anything I have on my home computer, the lack of space problem would be greatly reduced. Sadly, that would also reduce Apple's chance of repeat sales to customers who have already purchased. And since all 3rd party apps have to go through Apple to "safeguard us from malicious content" we'll probably never see such a function, legally.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
Flash is passe. I would like to see that copy paste action on the iPhone.

No its not. Maybe completely based flash websites, yes, but not flash. There are so many things involved with flash these days like streaming video and what not. There are also things like the Flex environment which is related to flash and utilized on some websites. Flash and Adobe are only going to get better with time.

Apparently Flash was supposed to be part of the iPhone by the end of 2007. They missed that boat, obviously, so its about time. The iPhone is only a few software updates away from true greatness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Flash is also a resource hog and would drain the battery life. Oh well, I guess it can't hurt having it around...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz blackbook ,g4 cube, powerbook g4, 8gb iphone
i just want MMS, its the only thing i would really want my iphone to do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
Yeah, I agree. MMS would be nice. I know its coming eventually though, which is one of the things I love about the iPhone. What gets me more excited is knowing how awesome the iPhone will be in 2-3 years when I decide to upgrade. The advances in processors, and batteries alone will make the thing uber sweet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
not alot of uses for flash on the iphone though...

youtube is accessed through the menu screen, and through a nice interface.

flash games would be useless (no arrow keys, space bar etc.) unless it was specialized and used touch input.

flash based websites would be the only ones to benefit from this, like say, o i don't know, homestarrunner.com? would be great to view the toons and sbemails on the iphones.

another problem would be flash ads!!! ahh, i don't want to shoot the gnome, or outdrink santa!!! this would just spam the 'page.

and another thing, how would we access the smaller flash based sections on the webpage like a embedded video on a page? this <i> could </i> be done using the touch-to-enlarge-section (or w.e. its called) feature.

but yes, having the flash ability is nice and convenient in either case.

and yes copyand paste would be better...

(also: how would flash run on the browser? isn't the iphone sdk going to restrict the use of plugins and frameworks? or is it only for third party apps?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
One thing I'd really like is remote access to my iTunes library

you used to be able to share .libraries over the internet in iTunes version 4

sadly no more

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Only reason I want Flash is so that I can view those pesky restaurant sites that use Flash. Would be great to be able to finally read menus and whatnot on the go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
not alot of uses for flash on the iphone though...

youtube is accessed through the menu screen, and through a nice interface.

True, but Youtube isn't the only game in town. There are tons of other sites with flash-based media I would like to access but can't.

I suppose it doesn't matter now, shortly after they posted this story on the Crave blog, they posted a followup saying the whole thing was misinterpreted and there are no real plans to get Flash on the iPhone, just a hope from Adobe. They've looked at the SDK and said it can't be done with what Apple has given.

Great work, Apple. Keep that grip nice and tight and hold your own product back from its full potential for who knows what reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD
dead... hmmm, o well...

the iPhone WILL have flash one day, one way or another just as with firefox ( i still use safari on my mac :D (it rocks btw).
i know wat u mean fleurya there is alot of flashed based sites on the web.

Apple isn't evil, they just have a plan, or are working for greater good, or are challenging developers, or are evil ( no not evil).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hey, if Flash could be wiped off the face of the earth, I would be a much happier man.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MDD G4 Dual 1Ghz 1.75GB RAM 120GB HDD Radeon 9000Pro 20" Acrylic Cine
I'd love Flash on my iPod Touch, it's one of the biggest wishes I have for the iTouch

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.