Key doesnt respond half the time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
My 'e' key on the macbook (may 2007) works about half the tim (as you can see). is ther an easy fix without breaking anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd
Does the key feel like it depresses as far as the other keys? If not, then you may have a crumb under it. This is fairly common on laptops. If this is the case, take a thin knife, guitar pick or what have you and put it just under one corner of your E key and twist the blade upwards. Make sure you are just barely under the corner, this will allow you to miss the scissor mechanism under the key. When you twist upward you will her a snap, that is the key coming loose. Then remove the key the rest of the way, clean out from under it and replace the key.

If that is NOT the problem, you will need to replace the keyboard.

OP
dr_doof
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHZ Macbook (black), OSX Leopard 10.5.5, 1GB Shuffle,4GB Nano,2GB nano 2nd generation
video

Thanks, but is there a video that could make my 'taking the key off' journey much safer? I dont want to wreck the keyboard. :Oops:

OP
dr_doof
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the key doesnt feel as snappy as the others, and i need to prss the key fully and with strength to make it work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.2Ghz C2D 1GB RAM 120GB HDD 8x Superdrive
i have the same problem with my "J" key. it sometimes takes a couple of presses to get it to respond. i just got my macbook in late january too. its kind of annoying because now whenever i write something i have to proof read it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 5300C, Mac 7200,Mac G4,MacBook,Time Capsule, iPad 2, iPad Mini, iMac
C Key not working

My C key doesn't work.
The lower case c is OK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
You probably have a crumb under it. Get some compressed air or something and clean it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Don't try to take it off, I just broke one doing that... :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.