lost torrent %

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPhone & div.
Every time I quit Transmission i lose a % of my download at first i thought it was just my imagination but yesterday i made a note of the % how do I stop this?

Reaction score
How much percentage are we talking about? I'm not exactly sure how it all works, but it could just be stuff that was in the cache that gets removed when you quit the app.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPhone & div.
I went from 22% to 16%

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Some torrent programs will start up close to where they left off. Think of it as rereading the last 2 pages of a book you started to begin reading after you stopped reading it for 2 days. Sort of refreshing your memory of what's happening. It's better to redownload a small portion then pick up the download and miss an important file. 22% down to 16% seems like alot, but then again your better off looking at how much is left to download. missing 6% of a very small file is not big deal, but 6% of a very large file (home video dvd) then that's an issue. By looking at how much is left to download you can see how many KB or MB your losing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Transmission mass downloads data, and then verifies it. So it might show as 22% when you are looking at it, but only 16% of it might be verified. The rest may be corrupt data seeded by a bad seed. Check your inspector to see whether you are getting a lot of bad data (hashfails). If the problem of bad data is consistent, try a different client to see if it improves.

Reaction score
Even though this doesn't answer your question, Azureus downloads A LOT faster than Transmission (I've done a test myself). I've also never experienced anything like that with Azureus. I do believe Azureus uses more RAM, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.