Bi-directional sync between google cal and iCal.

Reaction score
I don't get it. Why does Lightning make it so easy to sync Thunderbird with Google Cal, both ways, bi-directional with no glitches or hitches and there's nothing that does it as well for iCal. Hmmm? I've looked all over and googled everything, but can't see anything except Spanning Sync, and even it doesn't sync, you have to publish your calendars from iCal first because iCal doesn't allow for changes to subscribed calendars. So what has Mozilla done with Tbird2 and lightning that everyone else is missing?:|

edit, I guess I should give credit to the creaters of Provider for Google Calendar. But then again, even with this calendars have to be created in Google Calendar, not with Lightning.

Reaction score
I'm kind of confused at what exactly you are wanting to do. Trying to sync iCal with Thunderbird? If so, you should check out plaxo.com. You can sync your address book and ical with thunderbird and i think google calendar too.

OP
Z
Reaction score
I'm kind of confused at what exactly you are wanting to do. Trying to sync iCal with Thunderbird? If so, you should check out plaxo.com. You can sync your address book and ical with thunderbird and i think google calendar too.

I've been using Thunderbird... and I like it, but I have this niggling notion to try apples mail app, and calendar and contacts because I never tried them really. But I do love my google apps, and want to be able to sync my google calendar with apple calendar. I'll look at plaxo though, thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.