Unable to use Keychain Access

Reaction score
Hi guys,

am having a problem with Keychain Access whereby I cant seem to open it nor use it at all. With any attempts to use it just results in nothing.

Any idea on what I should do?

Reaction score
Have you tried deleting Users->youruser->Library->Keychains->login.keychain? The keychain will then be recreated (so you'll have to enter the stored passwords again) but it might well sort it out? I'm sure other things cause this, but in my short mac experience changing the shortname causes keychain problems.

Reaction score
Library>Preferences> try dragging the keychain access plist file to your desktop, then try. Don't forget to drag it back if it still doesn't work.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys!

Tried the solutions u pointed out above but it doesnt seem to work. It just simply wont let me open up the Keychain Access application. Attempting to use it turns up nothing. Just wont load..

Believe its affecting my usage especially smb connections, its all screwed up.. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.