Fireworks CS3 - How many computers?

Reaction score
I have Fireworks CS3 and I'm buying a new Mac. I read all the contents of the box and it doesn't seem to say how many times I can load it on a new computer. Is there a limit to how many times you can use the serial number?!

Same question for Adobe CS3 Design Premium with student licensing, if anyone knows...

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Do you mean photoshop?

OP
P
Reaction score
Lol I mean Fireworks... completely different than Photoshop, RONE.

For serious only once?! Wow what a rip-off... if my computer spontaneously combusts I'll need to fork out more $$$ for Fireworks again... *shakes fist at the world of computer graphics*

Reaction score
Well I believe if you got another computer you could still use the same serial. The point is you can only have it activated on one computer at a time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Lol I mean Fireworks... completely different than Photoshop, RONE.

For serious only once?! Wow what a rip-off... if my computer spontaneously combusts I'll need to fork out more $$$ for Fireworks again... *shakes fist at the world of computer graphics*

Sorry, never heard of the program. It sounds amazingly like Photoshop CS3.

As for multiple activations of the same program... Well, you're supposed to have one copy per computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Sorry, never heard of the program. It sounds amazingly like Photoshop CS3.
It is very similar. It was essentially Macromedia's answer to PS... then Adobe bought them out.

OP
P
Reaction score
It is very similar. It was essentially Macromedia's answer to PS... then Adobe bought them out.

Exactly!
I've become used to it for making websites... I personally find it much better than Photoshop on those grounds.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I hope you're right and I can install it =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whitebook 2.2, 4gb RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD
Updated: (just after posting)

From Adobe CS3 EULA available here: http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/Gen_WWCombined-CS3-20060817_1651.pdf
Section 2.4 and 2.5 specify that for portable or home computer use, the primary user may install a 2nd copy of the software subject to restrictions in 2.5.
I tried to copy and paste but the security settings on the PDF didn't allow it.
In Photoshop CS2 (Windows version at least) I believe the EULA allowed for 2 machines to have a copy using the same serial number. As well as I recall it was to allow for people who had desktops at home and traveled with their laptops.

I guess this is different for the Mac version.

Kat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whitebook 2.2, 4gb RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD
Reaction score
MacKat is right, the EULA allows you to install it on a desktop and a laptop. You can not run them both at the same time on the same subnet, they will talk to each other(!)
But you can install it any number of times if you have to reformat or replace a hard drive. Similarly, if you upgrade to a new machine just deactivate on the old machine and it will run on the new machine, there is no limit to that process.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.