Printing entire folder contents

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a macbook with OS X, and I'm trying to print an entire folder of Word documents at the same time. I tried creating a desktop printer so I could drag and drop the files, but my computer just opens a Word window for each document I drag in. Is there any way to elegantly print the entire contents of a folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
How about taking a screenshot? Is the list very long?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can use the terminal application and use unix commands.

OP
S
Reaction score
You can use the terminal application and use unix commands.

This cannot be the easiest way. In Windows, you can simply highlight the files, right click and hit print. The OS will automatically open Word, quickly print all the documents, and then close them. On a Mac, when I drag them into the desktop printer icon, it opens Word, then brings up the printer dialogue box (i.e. how many copies, etc) for EACH document that's been selected to print.

Leave it to Steve Jobs to make another inefficient product.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You could print a group of item from the finder in Apple classic OS. But I have not seen that option in OS X.

Stockmoose16 said:
Leave it to Steve Jobs to make another inefficient product.
As for the your comment, this has nothing to do with Jobs. You problem comes down to, some time you lose a few options to make a better system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.