Extend Network?

Reaction score
I have a laptop in a upstairs office at home and my wifi just doesn't make it that far. Well it does but the connection keeps dropping. This is the equipment that I have.

Verizon FIOS router MI424
Airport Express - being used for remote speakers
Apple IMac
Apple MacBook Pro
Dell

Is it possible to just add the new Airport Express and use it as a repeater? What else can I do? I thought about turning off wifi on the FIOS router and trying to use my Airport Express for wifi (will this plug into my router for internet access via ethernet cable) and then extending it using the new Airport Express (N). I would also like the Time Capsule but don't know how that would fit in. Thanks for any help.

Please don't tell me to move the router, not possible. Move the laptop, again not possible when I working in the office.

charlie-imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
If you'd like you can use the Time Capsule to function as an extender. It will perform the same function, maybe better than the Airport Express. Not sure about compatibility with that router of yours though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.