iPod only mounts temporarily!!

Reaction score
i have a brand knew macbook and a 30gb ipod. i am currently trying to transfer songs from my old pc to my new macbook. i have the songs synced from my pc onto my ipod which is windows formatted. a few days ago i plugged my ipod into the computer and i noticed that it mounted on itunes and the desktop just so that i could see if my ipod worked with the macbook and it did. i know that you can change the format of the ipod by simply clicking restore on itunes while the ipod is plugged in. i did not want to do that until after i was done transferring my songs. so here's the problem. i was using ilinkpod so that i could drag my songs from the ipod to itunes and that has worked prefectly and i have all of them on itunes but i disconnected the ipod when it said on the screen "do not disconnect" and i know that i was not supposed to do that. i replugged the ipod and it seemed to mount fine onto itunes but not onto the desktop. i need it to mount onto the desktop so that i can use ilinkpod to put songs onto my itunes. it worked fine until i disconnected it improperly. when i plug the ipod into the computer i temporarily see the ipod mounted on the desktop and have even clicked on it and opened it but when itunes opens soon afterwards it disappears. here is what i have tried so far: i have tried 4 of the 5R's which are reset retry restart restore. i have not done reinstall cause i dont know how. maybe that will fix it. i have tried disk mode on the ipod and it didnt work. i have restarted the computer with the ipod plugged in and without. i have done the 4 out of 5R's while the ipod was plugged into the computer and when it was not to no avail. what did i mess up by unplugging my ipod incorrectly and how can i fix it? this is the first problem i have had with my ipod and computer. please help me quickly!!!! thank you in advance!!!

OP
Z
Reaction score
hey thanks jamiah that fixed it!!!!! that was to easy!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.