Mac mini Boot Problem

Reaction score
I'm in need of some help, as I have a problem that is obviously beyond me!

My intel mac mini's optical drive is broken (don't know why, not important) but I wanted to install leopard, so, knowing that the mini's warranty was already expired, I cracked it open, took out the hard drive and put it into a usb enclosure. I then plugged it into my Macbook Pro and used that to install Leopard on the Mac Mini's hard drive.

All went well, until I put the hard drive back in the mac mini. Now when I boot the screen gives me a grey screen with a folder with a question mark in it. This lasts for a few seconds and then it flashes between the apple logo and a circle with a diagonal line through it. It also seems that the keyboard isn't being recognised on boot, because I can't use any option keys.

The weird thing is that it still boots in the macbook pro via the usb enclosure.

How can I fix this problem, if at all?

Any help would be massively appreciated!

[EDIT: Sorry, just realised that this is in the wrong forum. Any mods, please move it to the right place. Thanks]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Did you install the complete retail version of Leopard, not one that came with another machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.