Safari or Firefox??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro - 2.4GHz C2D - 4GB RAM - 250GB Hard Drive
Which one is a better browser for Panther?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I'd say Firefox in this case. Cause I dont' think Safari 3 is there for Panther. And Safari 3 is where the scales were tilted from firefox to Safari. IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
I agree, in this case Firefox. In newer versions of Mac OSX, I believe Safari actually runs faster than Firefox, but Firefox tends to be more secure. However I believe this will all change with Firefox 3.0, faster and better security.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^^ Haven't you heard that the latest version of Webkit just rock? Plus, they score 90 on Acid3 test so really compatible.

And what's this about security? The only thing I would say is there is no anti phishing filter for Safari. I hope that is cleared out soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
It depends on the type of user you are, too. I'm a web developer and power user. I prefer Firefox. Safari is just not enough anything for my uses (both professional and recreational).
To me, it's kind of like the difference between an iMac and a Mac Pro. Just to show I am not biased, I use two iMacs - it's enough everything for my uses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black; 2.2 ghz core duo; 2 gb 667 mhz DDR2 SDRam; 8x SuperDrive; 160 gb hdd
^^ Haven't you heard that the latest version of Webkit just rock? Plus, they score 90 on Acid3 test so really compatible.

And what's this about security? The only thing I would say is there is no anti phishing filter for Safari. I hope that is cleared out soon.

I think we're coming from the same page, the Acid3 testing.

This is the page I was referring to as for the speed... http://www.anomalousanomaly.com/2008/03/06/acid-3/

This was a change from when I referenced this page last.

I guess my previous comment was just from personal experience, I have always trusted Firefox over Safari, while now it seems like they are in a neck/neck race for top browser. I have heard that Firefox 3 still has a lot of work to do before final build, it should be good.

Reaction score
I guess my previous comment was just from personal experience, I have always trusted Firefox over Safari, while now it seems like they are in a neck/neck race for top browser. I have heard that Firefox 3 still has a lot of work to do before final build, it should be good.

I agree. I will always trust an open source software project over one produced by an American company.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I agree. I will always trust an open source software project over one produced by an American company.
Yeah, those American companies are real shady:
Mozilla said:
Our main offices are located in Mountain View, California. Please address mail to:
Mozilla Foundation
1981 Landings Drive
Building K
Mountain View, CA 94043-0801
USA

;):D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Or so you think. While I agree on the Mac firefox uses the systemwide keychain, on Windows I had to change all my passwords cause of this crappy work.

Reaction score
Yeah, those American companies are real shady:

;):D

It's not so much an issue of shady companies as it is the power the American government has over these companies. The illegal wire tap issue that has been unfolding over the last year is something I find rather unnerving.

Yes, the Mozilla project is located in the U.S. and thus subject to American law, but the fact that it is open source leads me to believe it is somewhat more secure since it is open to peer review.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
It's not so much an issue of shady companies as it is the power the American government has over these companies. The illegal wire tap issue that has been unfolding over the last year is something I find rather unnerving.

Yes, the Mozilla project is located in the U.S. and thus subject to American law, but the fact that it is open source leads me to believe it is somewhat more secure since it is open to peer review.

Do you have any idea how weak government is here? The reason it has to spy on everyone is because it has so little power...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.