camera connector not working

Reaction score
i have an ipod classic 80 gig and a nikon d300. when i connect them with the camera connector an error message on ipod reads "access not supported". i've used it successfully before but not with this camera or ipod.

Reaction score
i have an ipod classic 80 gig and a nikon d300. when i connect them with the camera connector an error message on ipod reads "access not supported". i've used it successfully before but not with this camera or ipod.

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Sorry, but the camera connector is not for the iPod Classic.

OP
F
Reaction score
thank you. do they make one for the classic? i'm in japan on a job and was counting on an additional back up of my photos.

OP
F
Reaction score
or, can i import photos onto my computer then export to the ipod as a backup through it unes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
HAHAHAHAHA!!

That's probably not really called for, is it? Lets hope you get a better response when posting your problems.

thank you. do they make one for the classic? i'm in japan on a job and was counting on an additional back up of my photos.

As far as I know the camera connectivity has been dropped from newer iPods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
or, can i import photos onto my computer then export to the ipod as a backup through it unes?

I don't have a classic(went from an iPod photo to a touch), but since it is hard drive based you should be able to use it like am external hard drive and backup up your photo on that until you get back home. Just make sure disc mode is activated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I don't have a classic(went from an iPod photo to a touch), but since it is hard drive based you should be able to use it like am external hard drive and backup up your photo on that until you get back home. Just make sure disc mode is activated.

Not by plugging it into the camera. The storage tech is irrelevant - the two devices won't communicate with each other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
or, can i import photos onto my computer then export to the ipod as a backup through itunes?

Yes you can. As stated before in this thread . The new line of iPods has had the ability to function in disk mode disabled

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
Not by plugging it into the camera. The storage tech is irrelevant - the two devices won't communicate with each other.

What does the camera have to do with it? The OP also asked if he/she could upload the pictures to his/her computer and then copy them to the ipod as a back up. I included the quote as to not confuse them on what i was talking about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MPB - Base Model
The camera connector does not support current-gen iPods, and I don't think Apple will ever make one that does. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.