Aperture 2 projects

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
In my Pictures folder in my hard drive, i have everything organized the way i like it. Now i created projects in Aperture 2, and imported pictures from those folders i previously have. But when i go into Finder to my Pictures, i see duplicates of those folders in there. Then when i delete those duplicates, Aperture does show them, but it has a little warning symbol on it. Why is Aperture doing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
Did you import them as referenced or managed?

Sounds like you imported them as managed and have told Aperture to use that drive for your library.

When Aperture manages your photos it will copy them into your library. If these are files already on your hard drive then you'll get duplicate images. If you then delete these duplicates Aperture will still have the thumbnails and intermediate images it created of the photos but won't have the original and will alert you to the fact with a warning symbol.

Try importing them as referenced files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.