Digital certificates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia
:Shouting: I use a unipass digital certificate for accessing various websites. I have recently switched and had no problems with the certificate in windows internet explorer.

I have imported the certificate into key chains and verified it as safe BUT when I use safari or firefox I cannot gain access to the websites. In fact the certificate is not even picked up.

Even though I have switched I am finding that I have to keep going back into the dreaded windows world for business tasks.

Can someone please offer some input.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
From this page, it looks to me as though you are not going to be able to use unipass on your Mac.

Quote:
...a stand-alone package which contains the ActiveX software components which are normally required to be downloaded and installed by users before they collect or renew a Unipass on their PC for the first time.

This line is under the Citrix and Microsoft Terminal Services area - but it is listed here because any other version of Windows will already have ActiveX. ActiveX is windows only.

All of the technical side of their website points to Windows only access.

I would call their help desk just to verify.

There is also mention of an OSIS root certificate that must also be installed. This is the certificate the companies use to verify unipass.

This is one of those occasions where you just may need to install Parallels or VMWare & Windows.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seems like it. thanks anyway.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got it working. Installed the certificate in firefox so dont need IE

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.