Need Help wit Time Capsule and Linksys running together

Reaction score
Im trying to set my Time Capsule up so it broadcasts 5ghz N only, to my 2 macbook airs. Then I have my old linksys router plugged into the back of the time capsule into one of the ethernet ports, hoping it will broadcast g to my iphone. My iphone is seeing it and working, but my buddies dell ;D laptop isnt connecting to it.

Is there anything I am missing? Or any suggestions to get it working?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Another question: Isn't G compatible with n? So if I have an Airport express broadcasting an "n" network, an iPhone cannot connect to it?

OP
E
Reaction score
Another question: Isn't G compatible with n? So if I have an Airport express broadcasting an "n" network, an iPhone cannot connect to it?

No it cannot, at least in my experience anyways. I have my TC broadcasting N only, and computers or devices not N compatible, cannot even see it.

Reaction score
3 years tolate???

I realize the OP probably figured it out, but for the following lucky individuals who have roommates who are still running G or those who have skype phones that you just found out that run only G and want to keep the N, here you go.

I found this site here DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - Wireless N and G Simultaneously and used it as a base to run off of. basically what you want to do is, configure the linksys to have the ip of 192.168.1.2 (shoot now i think about it, this may be able to stay the original ip) and have the mode in a static ip w/ a gateway of 10.0.1.1 (which is basically TCs 192.168.1.1) the DNS i set for a 10.0.1.2 i believe. then you want to disable the DHCP and save. after you save that page go a few pages over and change the drop down menu from "gateway" to "router" and save.

like i said earlier I used the site above, and scrolled down to the bottom where the OP of that forum basically laid everything out. what isn't mentioned is what i said earlier, that the TC ip is different than every other router out there. but here is something else you should know and probably would have ended my project about an hour if not two hours earlier. DO NOT CONNECT THE LINKSYS FROM ITS MODEM PORT TO ONE OF THE TC CHANNEL PORTS! Just use one of the four ports on the Linksys, like the ones you would plug a computer into. Hope this helps out someone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.