Power brick from 4th gen iPod on iTouch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Can I use the power brick for my 4th gen iPod to charge my new iTouch? I know in some cases the watts/volts/amps or whatever (I know nothing about electrical things like that) are different and I don't want to mess anything up. My intention is to take the brick to work with me to charge the iTouch during the day (I can't attach it to the PC at work for various reasons).

On another note, I assume that a dock that attaches to a USB port on my MB would be o.k., since the power comes from the USB? That is my setup at home and just want to check that it is alright as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I've been using the dock and FireWire charger from a early 4th gen iPod with my iPhone since July. A warning pops up saying it isn't designed for the iPhone but it works fine. I think the warning pops up because of audio interference with AT&T services.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.