Connecting to airport problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OSX 10.5.3 Mac Book Pro 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo
Hi
Over the last week I have had problems connecting to my airport. When my machine boots up it will not connect to my network and when I put the password in it times out. I unplugged the ethernet cable from airport and plugged it into my computer and it was fine. So I did a factory reset of my airport base station and set up the network again. But, this morning it happened again, so I unplugged airport, plugged it back in and it is fine again. Has anyone any idea what is happening? Is this a known issue? Or is my airport plug getting old?

Reaction score
I'm having a very similar issue... I've had my MBP for about a month now, went out and purchased the Airport Extreme Router from an Apple Store... Hooked everything up and was up and running in minutes... About a week later in the middle of me surfing the internet, it just stopped working... The Airport Utility wasn't recognizing the Airport Extreme at all and neither was my wife's laptop... Reset everything as you did and it worked only for 2 days... ended up taking the Extreme back to the Apple Store and exchanged it for another... This new one has worked for about 2 weeks and just tonight it did the same thing... Only when I reset it this time it did not work, I ended up just watching TV for a bit and when I came back about an hour later, its working now?

Any ideas???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
I don't think this is a hardware issue. This behavior is too recurring with other users. Another issue I have identified is that even when you save the network that you want to connect to as a default, airport doesn't save the network name. This is a huge nuisance if you set up your wireless to not broadcast it's name in the open for security reasons. All of this started happening with the last update for Airport.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 17" 1.67 GHz 1.5 GB RAM 100GB 60GB 5G iPod
I'm having issues where 95% of the time my laptop (PBG4) won't see any networks. When it eventually starts to work on my home network it has full signal. Any ideas? It also seems to be much less stable at college, I can rarely stay connected for more than 10 minutes. This has been happening for about a week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
It seems to be a problem since the last update in tiger forward and no cure
currently maybe 10.5.3 which will be out according to rumor April or May.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.