MacBook Pro - water damage...LCD help

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i accidentally spilled a glass of wine on my one and only love Macbook Pro 15inch. In few seconds i made the standard procedure, turned off the computer, took out battery, let it dry for one 2 days under intensive air circulation. I turned it on and it the seems that everything works fine except the LCD screen. Small amount of the liquid got behind the plastic cover and made a stain that covered half a screen. It looks like intensive pixel brightness in the area (see the attached picture). After a day the stain was reduced to 30 percent of its original size but left some kind of darker traces visible on the white background. I am not sure what to do now. Is there any possibility to open the LCD bracket and kinda dry out and wipe the screen clean or should i buy new LCD for my MB Pro. Thanks for all answers.

Tom

spilled water.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Might wanna take that MBP in for service, let a pro open it up and see if a good cleaning with approved products will resolve the issue, not having many screws to work with that thing is probably snapped together like an iPod and as such requires care in opening. Just my $0.02

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.