Slow Computer

Reaction score
Hi, my Macbook is acting a lot slower than usual. Usually occurs when loading pictures or a new page. I deleted my documents and everything and its still acting up. It used to be really fast, but since yesterday its really slow. Does anyone know what i can do to make it faster again. Sorry if this sounds really stupid, TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Download a program called Onyx and run the maintenance and cleaning scripts. Restart the computer, do your normal things, then restart again and see if that fixes the problem.

OP
V
Reaction score
^^Downloading right now, do you think it will help? Thanks for the reply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
IMO, always try the least intrusive method possible and work up from there. Start with running maintenance scripts and rebooting twice.

If not, download Onyx like Kash recommended, or try Main Menu (a similar app). Run their maintenance tasks.

You can also try resetting your PRAM. This cured my Mini slowdown a while back.

Reboot and hold down Command+Option+Control+P+R

It'll reboot itself after PRAM is reset.

-Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
Nothing worked, any other ideas?
You tried resetting the PRAM as well?

Restart the computer.

Go to system preferences>>date and time

Uncheck "set date and time automatically".

Reset the clock to 12:01am.

Open your web browser up and type a few lines of text into the URL, or a log-in form in your email, myspace, youtube, or something like that.

Go to the finder and do a search for any files that have been modified that "day". Make sure there's nothing sketchy.

You're making sure your computer doesn't have a keylogger, which is a very faint possibility, but something that's work checking on.

-Nick

OP
V
Reaction score
It seems to be working good now for some reason. Is it possible for it to have sorted itself out? I will see if it continues to be working fine tomorrow, thanks for everyones help:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It generally takes a little while to notice a speedup after running the maintenance scripts, which is why I recommended using the system in between two restarts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.