How to burn .avi and .srt files in Toast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi, I have many foreign language films that have the .srt file subtitle. VLC plays them together fine on my computer but does anyone have any idea how to burn the .avi and .srt / .sub files together so that you get a a movie on dvd which has the subtitles in it? I am totally stuck. I have been searching for a program that can combine the files but cannot find anything. Any help much appreciated.:D

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank You!

Thank you so much for the info on Perian you are too kind. Love your profile picture of Zippy too - zippy rules!:)

I have just downloaded perian and it is installed in preference panes but how on earth do you use it? I am dragging the folder containing the .avi and .srt onto toast but it is still rejecting the .srt file. Any tips?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Cool that you recognised the zippy avatar

I once added his pic to my bus pass back in college, and nobody noticed

OP
H
Reaction score
Don't worry - all sorted now. Many thanks.

Zippy used to talk non stop I hope you are not like :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
One extra tip - make sure your Toast Titanium is updated to version 8.0.3.

Reaction score
Open Toast>Data>Choose files (make sure they are working on VLC first. you then get the folder with the .avi and .srt files together select the folder and voìlá)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", OSX 10.5.2
hi guys!
i have done everything mentioned at the thread but still i cannot get it to work...
i have installed perian, and when i open the .avi files both in Quicktime and on VLC a see the subtitles OK. When i use Toast (9.0.2) i can see the subtitles on the videoimage.... but once i burn the dvd i have no subtitles. I get a .divx file that doesn't display subtitles.... why? please help!

Reaction score
Greetings,

i have the same problem getting .srt files together with .avi files and burn them into dvd. anyone knows what to do here? i'd be really glad, pls help..

thanks in advance

Reaction score
I am also having this problem. I have the latest version of Perian and the .srt and .sub files are in the same folder and have the same name as the .avi.

The subtitles show up on the movie when previewing it in toast (9.0.1), but aren't there when I burn it. Any ideas what might be the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
g4 mdd 1.42 dpp 2 gig ram 80g hd leopard 10.5.8
anyone got any further with this ?

Reaction score
this is an old threat but i myself have just came across this and am looking for the answer besides muexing my avi

Reaction score
Still no answer to this question? So there is no way to burn avi+srt in the latest versions of Toast? Ffmpegx doesn't work in Snow Leopard, it keeps asking to install X11, something that I would prefer to avoid... I can't believe we are stuck with something so simple...

Reaction score
I've got the same problem and have been trying to source this out for quite awhile now. Any further insight into this simple but annoying problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
how to burn with subs

hi, i have many foreign language films that have the .srt file subtitle. Vlc plays them together fine on my computer but does anyone have any idea how to burn the .avi and .srt / .sub files together so that you get a a movie on dvd which has the subtitles in it? I am totally stuck. I have been searching for a program that can combine the files but cannot find anything. Any help much appreciated.:d

once you have the avi and the srt. In a folder
open the avi file with quick time player * you need perian instaled* once it is playing go to save as and the movie will be saved wit subs in the same folder
now just drag the new file to toast titanium .. .and burn it . Greeting from mexico

Reaction score
open the avi file with quick time player * you need perian instaled* once it is playing go to save as and the movie will be saved wit subs in the same folder
now just drag the new file to toast titanium .. .and burn it . Greeting from mexico

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2011 15 in MBP, 2.2 i7, 8 GB RAM; iPhone 4; iPad 2 16GB, AT&T
Am stumped with this as well. It would make life a lot easier for me if I could get both the avi and srt content in one file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.